All possible means have been taken into account in the design of the Danaos Platform to safeguard the individuality and privacy of each Danaos Platform member.
Each member has full control on the information that he/she uploads on the platform. Information is classified by members as public, private or confidential.
Public information is made available to anybody searching the platform. For private information, the platform will notify the member (that has uploaded the particular piece of information) requesting an approval before disclosing the information to a third party.
Finally, confidential information is not disclosed to anybody. Confidential information is used internally in the platform for verification purposes only.
The messages exchanged between members/users of the platform are directed to the recipients who are declared by the creator of the message. Every member may restrict or allow other members to send messages to him/her.
No direct access to the database is granted to any member or user of the Danaos Platform.
The connection between the platform and the corporate system of each member is in the full control of the administrator of the shipping company’s corporate software system. The administrator can enable or disable any exchanges between the platform and the corporate system.
The Danaos Platform does not publicize any information content other than the content provided by the members. Therefore the platform, as such, in no way can be held responsible for copyright infringement.
Members are encouraged to report any incident that may result in a copyright infringement, as described in the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (DMCA).
To report any incident regarding copyright infringement, please use the “contact us” section of the service and by selecting the category “copyright” and identify yourself as the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
You must identify the copyrighted item you are referring to, the member and the incident.
Please ensure that you provide your contact details so we can contact you. Kindly notify that any inaccurate or not substantiated accusations may cause legal action against you.
Application Programming Interface
By using the Danaos Platform API (referred in this agreement as “DP API” or “us”, or “we” or “our”) to integrate your corporate systems or your own applications, you must agree to the following terms and conditions:
- The Danaos Platform API is intellectual property of Danaos and before using it you should contact Danaos Management Consultants S.A. by email providing your company profile, Danaos Platform member id and reason for using the API, and your statement that you unconditionally accept the terms and conditions for the use of the Danaos Platform. Although Danaos policy is to encourage third party applications to interface with the Danaos Platform, it is up to Danaos sole discretion to grant you the license to use the API libraries or to interface with the platform.
- Upon the approval of your application, your company will be granted an authorization code that will be used in any exchanges between the Danaos Platform and your systems. The authorization code is given for your private use only, and any disclosure of this authorization code may raise claims against you.
- The exchanges between the Danaos Platform and your applications are based on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). The services description can be accessed by selecting the “developer” option, after entering your authorization code.
The Danaos Platform administration maintains the right to change the service description based on the needs of the member community.
Previous versions of the Web-services will be supported for at least six months, enabling you to implement the new version at your convenience.
Terms and Conditions as revised on ………
By using the Danaos Platform, you agree that you have read, understood and agreed with the terms and conditions of use of the Danaos Platform, either if you are a member or not.
Terms and conditions may change without notice. You are responsible to review terms and conditions before using the service. For your guidance, the date of the last update of terms and conditions are printed at the bottom of the log in screen.
If you do not agree with any of these terms and conditions, you are requested not to use the Danaos Platform.
Intellectual Property Rights
Excluding the content contributed by the Members, the rest of the Danaos Platform is the sole intellectual property of Danaos Management Consultants S.A. The intellectual property extends to the software, the functionality, the logos, the images, the graphics, the illustrations, the photographs, the audio, the videos, etc. (where applicable, appropriate licensing has been obtained for items such as images, etc.).
Intellectual Property rights are not transferrable by any agreement between the Danaos Platform owners and its members. It is prohibited to copy, reproduce or use information provided on the platform by any means or for any other purpose other than the one they are being used in the platform.
Danaos Platform content
The Danaos Platform provides a place for shipping professionals to:
1. Communicate by:
- uploading information into the platform about their companies, business, projects, products and services, etc. This information is meant for others to search and identify them, in order to conduct legal business.
- exchange written messages or video conference or phone calls.
2. Download public information onto their own corporate system.
3. Upload information from their existing systems onto the platform in order to support the
The Danaos Platform has no means of controlling the information that the members exchange using the platform.
It is the member’s sole responsibility to:
- provide accurate information.
- not to use any information protected by an intellectual property right.
- not to communicate any information that is abusive, unlawful, harmful, racially or ethnically offensive, invasive of personal privacy, or resulting to humiliation, harassment, etc.
You understand that you are liable for any claim your content may cause.
The Danaos Platform takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any user content that the members communicate using other platforms.
Finally, the Danaos Platform has no obligations to resolve disputes between you and other members. < Previous